PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading correct web page

Shiner
31-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I have a problem when I try to enter the customer enquiry page on the local library website. I enter my membership number and PIN and instead of showing the correct page displaying the books I have on loan, it flicks me to the UNHCR website and on one occasion, to OANDA.com. The District Council computer techs are unable to explain or resolve the problem. The librarian tells me that he has had a similar complaint from several other library members.

I am on Clear.net broadband and customarily use Firefox as web browser, but have tried MSIE and Opera with the same result. I have not experienced such a problem before on any other website. When the library went online about six months ago everything worked fine.

Although I feel that the problem is on the Council's server, I'd be interested to know if anyone has had a similar problem, or has any ideas...

mark c
31-10-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't know what these UNHCR or OANDA.com links are but if this happened to me I would give my comp a thorough hot scrub. Check out the excellent FAQs here at Pressf1.

MAXGEAR
31-10-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree, make sure your PC is secure.
FYI: UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees)
OANDA.com is a currency converter

gibler
01-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Can you actually post the link to the libraries webpage?

Try clearing out your cookies and cache.
Try another DNS server.