PDA

View Full Version : upgrading drivers

steamman
31-10-2005, 09:31 AM
I would like to upgrade my display drivers, is there a way to carry out this via downloading. would it be possible to do this from a standard download or from the manufacturers.

drcspy
31-10-2005, 10:08 AM
yes of course most manufacturers have drivers available for download what type of card is it ?

shomenno
31-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Definately, it is in most cases possible to use the inetrnet to update your drivers. Look on the internet for the company that made the device you wish to obtain the drivers for. Once you have found their web sight look for options relating to downloads or support. If the device you have is obsecure and not made or just not a common product there are generic web sights that have a library of old drivers for devices.

Good luck

pctek
31-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I would like to upgrade my display drivers, is there a way to carry out this via downloading. would it be possible to do this from a standard download or from the manufacturers.
Just get the latest driver from either Nvidia or ATI - depending which chipset your card uses.
Simple.

Speedy Gonzales
31-10-2005, 05:10 PM
And its a good idea, to uninstall the previous drivers, before u install the latest version.