PDA

View Full Version : Video cards not playing nicely

Edward
29-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi. I'm having a small issue gettings 3 video cards to play together. I have 3 cards. a 2mb S3 virge, another S3 virge and intel integrated. What happens is the card that's set to be the primary card is the only one that works. IE if the intel is the primary, the other 2 don't work. if I set one S3 as the primary, it works and so does the intel, but the other one dosen't. The ones that don't work give the wonderfully insightful and useful "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error

If someone who knows what this error means it'd be appreciated. The motherboard is one from a Compaq deskpro

Freejack
29-10-2005, 07:22 AM
What OS are you using? Where are you seeing this error message? In Device Manager?

Myth
29-10-2005, 07:29 AM
I have seen this, though never actually played round with it.
The original SLI setup used to use cards similar to yours, connected together via an external cable (was it called voodoo or something like that?). I don't know a lot about it but the likes of Metla and bartsdadhomer (to mention just a couple) would probably know more about the actual setup. This may solve your issue. Incidentally what are you using 3 cards for?

Code 10 means you don't have the drivers installed or they havent installed correctly, or the hardware isnt installed correctly

Edward
29-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Well they both work fine if they are set as the primary card, it's just if they aren't that they get the code. And yes, it's in device manager on XP Pro

tazz: 3 screens of course :D

drcspy
29-10-2005, 01:48 PM
maybe the mobo cant handle it ?

gibler
29-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Use the Assign IRQ to VGA option in your bios (if you have one).

The S3 Virges I've tried to use in the past however only work if you make them the primary card. Try different PCI slots as well but I think the basic problem you have is that the virge cards are crappy.