PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Form emailed from a Website...

John W
28-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi there.

Ive created a website for a flyfishing guide (ffg) friend of mine, promoting his services. He recently asked if it was possible to have a Page on his site so users could send him questions and asked if I could achieve this for him.

Im thinking of hosting his website with Discount Domains (DD), they have a sampleform.html form available, which gives the basics my friend requires.

Ive copied this into his Website, ( www.ourpage.co.nz/ffg ), but I cant see in the source code of the DD samplform.html where I go about adding my ffg friends email address.

Im very new to this, Im hoping that DD sampleform.html will allow emailing to a valid email address, but no way of knowing if this is so till Monday.

So, im really stuck here, a guiding hand by somene who has been through this would really be appreciated.

Thanks............. John in Mosgiel.

Um, no, Im not getting paid for this.

robsonde
28-10-2005, 10:13 PM
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="parked@ddourpage.co.nz" />

the code will not work untill you are hosted on there servers, they will probily make it so it can only email one fixed address that is on ethere servers.

Adam678
29-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I use http://allforms.mailjol.net/main.html for the email form on my website, it's really easy to set up and its free.