PDA

View Full Version : Error Msg Printing to LPT1 to HP1100

Greenbomba
28-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I ran a program I found in Win98 to remove Junk files, now I get an error msg. when I try to print. Ive tried everything possible to correct this problem but cannot fix it. The printer prints test pages from the printer itself, windows says the driver is working properly, re booted several times, re-installed windows. Nothing works. Please help. I need this to work since I bring work home from my job. :confused:

godfather
28-10-2005, 08:31 PM
But have you reinstalled the actual printer driver software?
And since you have reinstalled Windows, have you reinstalled the motherboard drivers, since they control the ports?

Greenbomba
29-10-2005, 05:11 AM
But have you reinstalled the actual printer driver software?
And since you have reinstalled Windows, have you reinstalled the motherboard drivers, since they control the ports?
Ive re-installed the driver for the printer, but have no idea how to install the motherboard drivers. I will find out and see if that works. Thank You for your reply.

Jen
29-10-2005, 09:13 AM
You can use this free propram, Everest (http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en) to identify the make and model of your motherboard. Then visit the manufacturers website and download the appropriate drivers for it.

Post back if you need any help with locating the correct drivers. :)

FoxyMX
29-10-2005, 09:28 AM
but have no idea how to install the motherboard drivers. Check the discs that should have come with your computer. If you have any there should be a CD with the motherboard drivers on it.