PDA

View Full Version : odd dates for recived mail in outlook express

MAC_H8ER
28-10-2005, 04:28 PM
hi there!

my computer has its time and date are fine and current.
yet when i check my e-mail , outlook express shows the mail in the inbox with weird dates and times.

e.g i get mail from a mate who sent it at 4.30PM on the 27th
YET when i read it, it says it was sent at 11.45PM on the 26th

***???????????????? :badpc:
i know this is silly but i need the correct dates and times as i get some of my bills trough e-mail

Thanks very much!! :thumbs:

MAC_H8ER

effie c
28-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Mac etc,
It looks like your computer is set to USA zone time- where as it should be set to, sic Auckland/Wellington am not sure in my dotage but in the setup there is a map of the world and you slide the sensor to over NZ- something like that
Remember we are 12 hours ahead of U K at th emom3ent ( 11 hours in summertime) and the Yanks are about 18 hours different
effie c

MAC_H8ER
28-10-2005, 04:49 PM
wicked cheers mate, just changed a heap of setting then, will see if it works l8er
seeya! :thumbs:

effie c
28-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi Mac_8er,
got that right this time-
just idly I double clicked on the time bottom right tool bar and it comes up with the settings - ie internet time etc ---
I think that is where you could start - the only worry I have is whether there is a "setting up in "control panel- but try that first then go lokoing - I do know your computer is working in USA time--( when one downloads etc the date is different to here- if it comes from the States, and again th eU K.
effie c