PDA

View Full Version : SUSE 10.0 HSF Modem

Cards_STL
28-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I have a Conexant "Soft V92 Data/Fax w/ Smart TCP" That shows up on the find modem program as "HSF" Anyway, I have tried the Linexant modem driver, with no Luck, I have SuSE 10.0 with 2.6.13-15 default kernel, And I want to know how to get my dial up access working! Also, I am a newbie at linux, but my Linux PC/Main PC is also my ICS PC, How can I share my internet Connection with Linux? <C'Mon its linux, I sound like an idiot... but oh well,> As I said,l Im not new to Linux, in essence, But this is my first hands on experience with linux.

If anyone has a soultion I would love help! Feel free to e-mail me or just post a reply, Thanks guys, this forum looks good, I'll keep my hope up!

Cards_STL
28-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Almost forgot the most important part guys! sorry, im a bit tired this morning, well, the modem isnt even DETECTED by SuSE, and it is a dual boot WinXP/SuSE system, Windows of course, detects it

Just in case,
System specs:

2.0GHz Sempron 3000+
512MB RAM
64MB NvIdia card,

Pretty basic and cheap system, runs linux like a dream though <But I guess its in Linux' nature :D> But it isnt even detected by linux, and this is a popular card people! Please help guys, And be gentle, I can tell you anything about windows, PC Hardware, and most anything about old macintosh OS, but linux I feel like an idiot..

Thanks

Graham L
28-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Have you looked at the boot-time messages with dmesg | less? Have a look at www.linmodems.org , too ... they are the fount of all wisdom on this subject.