PDA

View Full Version : timetable maker

Prescott
27-10-2005, 08:27 PM
im in need of a time table maker program, it will need to be able to recognise a clash and notify me, where can i get one?

jnimmo
27-10-2005, 09:02 PM
What sort of timetable are you wanting to make? I would say Outlook, but it all depends on what you want it for.

Prescott
27-10-2005, 09:11 PM
like classes. i want to make my uni timetable, like when i have my lectures etc. i will need to have time slots of like 11:00 to 11:50 etc for the whole day.

techie
27-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Does it have to be that geekish!? :p Can't you just use a diary or draw a table up in Excel? Otherwise, Outlook is the only one I can think of.

jnimmo
27-10-2005, 09:18 PM
If you could work out how to use it, this could be good. Though I am not quite sure how it works!
http://ccnet.utoronto.ca/cgi-bin/timetable.cgi

or another..

http://www.thecanadianteacher.com/tools/classroom/timetable/

Prescott
27-10-2005, 09:24 PM
well im planning when im going to take lectures and classes there are lots of combinations, so i thought maybe i could plot it in a program and it would alert if there is a clash. i just thought there would be an easy way :p

meh otherwise ill just finish the excel one i started.....

gibler
27-10-2005, 10:04 PM
well im planning when im going to take lectures and classes there are lots of combinations, so i thought maybe i could plot it in a program and it would alert if there is a clash. i just thought there would be an easy way :p

meh otherwise ill just finish the excel one i started.....

Pretty pointless unfortunately, as class times (particularly labs and tutorials) aren't finalised until after enrolment. Then you can chnage them if there is a clash.

Just avoid the 8 am lectures :p I just used pen and paper...

Rob99
27-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Well theres Sunbird from Mozilla, and probally heaps of other callendar programs out there as well.

You would be able to see a clash when entering in..ie. you would over write a previous entry.

DangerousDave
27-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't bother with a timetable. I spend 5 minutes at the start of semester learning the table and its heaps easier. Plus you don't look like a n00b at Uni pulling out something to find out where your supposed to be. Figuring out Auckland Uni's enrolment system is another matter however, its a total *****.