PDA

View Full Version : Printer won't cancel last document

caradoc
26-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Printer will delete all documents in the queue except the last one. How do I clear it?

Printer is HP1350 all in one.

beama
26-10-2005, 08:32 PM
welcome to pf1

It will eventually clear, it may take a restart of the pc sometimes. Ive experanced this many times with Xp. If you feel brave, stopping then restarting the print spooler service works also at clearing those stubbon jobs.

bartsdadhomer
26-10-2005, 09:01 PM
we should have an faq on manners

somebody
26-10-2005, 09:06 PM
My HP PSC 1210 does that occasionally. The only way to get it to clear is to reboot the computer.

caradoc
27-10-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks for your help guys

dds
27-10-2005, 04:48 PM
i never owned a printer. :stare:

bizzack
28-10-2005, 01:12 AM
yeah I've got one too, and it did the exact same thing, except it would never clear, no matter what I tried, eventually I just uninstalled and re-installed then it was okay.. so annoying though...

imarubberducky
28-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Mines seems to go away by turning off the printer and then turning it back on. I have a HP PSC something too

Graham L
29-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Remember that printers have memory. ;) The LJ4+M I got yesterday has 22 MB.

The processor wants to see the last of print files, so it sends them as fast as it can as long as the printer will accept them.

So the last file might be all in the printer's memory. The spooling programme can't cancel what's in the printer's memory. The printer will carry on printing it unless it's forcibly prevented.

The simplest fix is to turn the printer's power off then on. That will work as long as the printer doesn't use a disk for its local temporary storage. (Some do). :D (Uninstalling and reinstalling seems a bit extreme.)

bizzack
30-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Why does everyone say that about me and the stuff I do? A bit extreme.. :badpc:

willin
30-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Another problem
Using a Canon Pixma IP 6000D on a Win XP system. The printer will not allow any actions. In the Control Panel it shows as 1 document deleting.
Messsages received are that the print spooler is not running, though a document can be seen in the print queue. Also Spooler subsystemApp is not available.
We have tried to uninstall, but unable to action withthe same message being received. Unable to install a second printer or any delete anything, just stopped with the message.
This has lasted for a week. Computer and printer have been turned off and on many times.
Any ideas on how we can get this document out of the system ?

Jen
30-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Try this and see what message you get.

Go Start > Run. Enter in cmd [ok]
Now enter in net start spooler [enter]

willin
31-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for that. I have tried the routine which starts the spooler, but it still will not allow us to delete the document or anything else involving the printer.
After a about 30 seconds the message reappears that there has been an error and the message appears Spooler Subsystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. After that It does not allow us to view properties etc. Maybe another indicator is that oncce the subsystem closes ,the Control panel does not show any printers.
Any new ideas please?

Graham L
31-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Could this be a privileges ("permissions") problem?

Jen
31-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Just make sure there aren't any left over temporary printer spool files which are interferring with this. Go to C:\Windows\system32\spool\printers and delete any files that are within that directory.