PDA

View Full Version : cd rom problem

steamman
25-10-2005, 03:39 AM
I have tried to load games from my cdrom drive, but all that comes up is the install prompt and maybe the readme file, I have a liteon cdrom drive. I even tried the install on my rewrite drive and the sam thing, Does this point towards another problem and not cdrom???
My pc is XP home edition. and the games are compatable,

dds
25-10-2005, 09:52 AM
As you said, the problem might be on your cd, not your cdrom

FrankS
25-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Find out the model of Cdrom Drive you have installed
If this a problem with sevarel game CD's go to

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/e_index.asp

If it is one CD try it on someone elses computer to prove CD is OK or duff.

Liteon can play some odd tricks when used with XP

pctek
25-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Find out the model of Cdrom Drive you have installed
If this a problem with sevarel game CD's go to

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/e_index.asp

Liteon can play some odd tricks when used with XP
What is that link supposed to show? And how is it useful if he does not have a Liteon?
And I have had Liteon for quite a while now and have never had a problem reading or writing anything.

Graham L
25-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Are you logged in as "Owner" when you try to install the games? It might make a difference.

If other processes work on the CD drive (like playing music), it's a software thing. :D

Trev
25-10-2005, 11:09 PM
What is that link supposed to show? And how is it useful if he does not have a Liteon?
And I have had Liteon for quite a while now and have never had a problem reading or writing anything.

He dose have a Liteon.

Trevor :)

bartsdadhomer
25-10-2005, 11:29 PM
What is that link supposed to show? And how is it useful if he does not have a Liteon?.
He does have a liteon, he said as much in his post and the page shows links to firmware updates

and have never had a problem reading anything.
I beg to differ :rolleyes:
(I love cut, paste & quote)

Jen
26-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but when you put the CD in the drive to install it, isn't having the install prompt appear the desired effect? If you follow the installation prompt does the game install? Or do you mean after following the installation prompt the games fails to complete the installation process?

You are not trying to click the play button on the menu that comes up when you insert the CD without having first installed the game are you?