PDA

View Full Version : Error Gard

tylden
24-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I've just had a site called isg27.casalmedia.com trying to interest me in a program called Error Gard? Apart from not wanting to use sites that appear on my screen unprompted, does any one know if this is kosher?

JJJJJ
24-10-2005, 07:46 AM
I've just had a site called isg27.casalmedia.com trying to interest me in a program called Error Gard? Apart from not wanting to use sites that appear on my screen unprompted, does any one know if this is kosher?

Any site the "just appears" on your screen is not kosher.

Jen
24-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Give anything that is advertised by pop-ups the biggest wide berth you can. Never click on them, and use the red cross to close the window, not their close button. They would rarely be genuine, and often add to whatever problems you already have or they work by false advertising.

That pop-up is associated with New.net which isn't a good sign. Have you thoroughly scanned your computer with a reputable anti-spyware program such as Spybot Search & Destroy or AdwareSE?

What browser are you using? If you have XP do you have SP2 installed? Good browsers should be able to block unwanted pop-ups without having to install a 3rd party pop-up blocker.