PDA

View Full Version : Opening Dll file downloads

bryan43016
23-10-2005, 08:50 PM
I found some dll files I am missing I downloaded them but when I try to open them up to load onto my computer I am given a choice to find a web service to find the appropiate software to open the dll file or I can select from a list. I use the web wervice but all it does is take me to microsoft.com where all I get is a description and other websites to go to for more info. How do I open the dll file to load it onto my computer and where can I find the software to open it thanks!

Jen
23-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Is this the same problem described in your other thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=397056#post397056)?

You do not open or run DLL files, you are supposed to copy them into the directory they belong in/missing from.

bryan43016
24-10-2005, 05:40 AM
how do you copy the dll file

Jen
24-10-2005, 07:55 AM
You can copy the file, like you copy anyother file on your computer. Right-click on it, Copy. Right-click, Paste.

No offensive intended, but I am worried with what you are trying to do here. What instructions are you following which informs you to replace a DLL(s) on your computer? You have to know the specific location the DLL belongs in if you are trying to replace a corrupt or missing DLL.

That fact you have a few missing doesn't sound good. Is this for your Lexmark printer software from that other thread? What happened when you did as I suggested and ran the clean-up utility. Please post back in that thread with the results so that all the related information is kept together.