PDA

View Full Version : I/o device error and lxbbmarco dll missing?

bryan43016
23-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Issue #1 Error: "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows applications." I keep getting this message when I try to load software.

Issue #2 I am getting I/o error for my dvd rom drive it will not read or start any disks I put in it. orginally, the drive wouldn't even show that I had a dvd rom drive but I took the back off my computer and unplugged the IDE ribbon and plugged it back in and now in my computer it shows the disk drive. When I turn on my computer the find hardware wizard comes up for my lexmark x75 printer/scanner it says it will search for hardware so I let it and it finds nothing. When I go to lexmark website to download the driver for the printer and try to run the download I get this message lxbbmarco.dll is missing but I can not find that dll on any dll search website. I have run regseeker to clean up my registry but that does not seem to help. 2 questions how can I solve issue 1 and 2 and can anybody recommend a quality registry clean and repair software program.

Jen
23-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

For your first error message, have a look at this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767) for information on how to correct it. You will need your XP install CD. If you do not have your CD (only have a recovery partition), you may like to try as a last resort the patch for this error which can be downloaded from here (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit) - XP_Fix.EXE by TRF Systems, Inc.

For this printer dll error, I noticed on the Lexmark driver download page for your printer they offer a clean up utility found under the Utility Tab. Download that and run it first before trying to install the software again. Make sure you have fixed the above error first.

You are saying your DVD-ROM drive is working fine again now?

bryan43016
24-10-2005, 05:53 AM
thanks PMSD I think what happened is I uninstalled some software and it screwed things up. When I go into my computer it shows my cd rom drive drive:d but when ever I try to load software from a disk in the cd rom drive that is when I get the I/o device error message. Any recommendations on a good registry repair software? I've read many reviews and ran the scans and they all come up with different problems so I don't know which one is better then another. Most user reviews I've read download.com are not very positve about the different registry repair software out there.

drcspy
24-10-2005, 06:03 AM
it's possible that you plugged in the ide cable the wrong way round..........also......hope you didn't unplug/plug it while the pc was turned on ?......

bryan43016
24-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Will the IDE cable plug in both ways? I nevr thought I might have plugged it in wrong I assumed since it went in I plugged it in the right way. I will try plugging it in both ways and see what happens. Everything I've read on the net about I/o device errors says the error is is registry linked. This is why I'm thinking I messed something up in my registry. Does anybody know of any software that scans the registry and will show what files are missing?

drcspy
24-10-2005, 05:17 PM
some but not all ide cables will have a locator pin.........but if it doesn't then it's very eassy to plug it in the wrong way........generally the rule is .... look at the cable you will see a red stripe running down one side.......the cable must be plugged into the back of the device so that the red stripe is 'NEXT' to the red lead running from/to the power connector..........

bryan43016
24-10-2005, 05:25 PM
In "my computer" it shows drive D for my CD Rom drive but when I insert a software disk and run it that is when I get the I/O device error message so I can not run the software. I ran one of these free registry scan programs that will fix only so many registry errors it finds. I then got a message saying names of some registry file have been changed and windows does not recognize them. Like I said this occured after I ran a free registry scan and the software fixed only so many of the errors it found. I think this registry repair software really messed things up. Are the registry repair software programs out there really worth it if they can mess things up like this?

drcspy
24-10-2005, 05:57 PM
looks like you are most likely running xp so why not try system restore to before you ran that reg prog ?

bryan43016
24-10-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm glad you asked that I have tried running my system restore and it goes thru the motions reboots but then I get a message that says system could not be restored even tough I have definite restore points saved.

Speedy Gonzales
24-10-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.ccleaner.com cleans the registry.

And I would say its safer, than most registry cleaners I know. Most reg cleaners, delete valid registry entries, and can make a system unstable. Or not work at all.

If you've connected the ide cables, are the stripes on the cable going to pin 1 on the dvd ide connector??

And if youre using 80 wires ide cables, is the blue end on the motherboard end??