PDA

View Full Version : How do I reload Office XP on new hard drive

Choag
23-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I have to reload Office XP on to my Dell Dimension 5200 after my hard drive got wiped clean and replaced due to virus problem. Originally, Office XP professional was factory installed by Dell and I didn't get a disk in the accompanying package. I have an upgrade CD, but no orginal CD. Is there a way to reload this program without having to buy Office XP Professional again? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
23-10-2005, 01:53 PM
No unless u have the original cd and not the upgrade, you cant do anything.

Give Dell a ring, and ask them for the Office XP CD.

pctek
23-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I have to reload Office XP on to my Dell Dimension 5200 after my hard drive got wiped clean and replaced due to virus problem.
Dell tends to have all your Recovery stuff on a partiton on the drive now rather than giving you the CDs. You will have to ring them and BUY a set of Recovery CDs. They won't give them to you free. Sucks doesn't it?

SurferJoe46
23-10-2005, 04:19 PM
pc...question?

I thought Dell made you use their recovery discs to activate the hidden partitions in the original (OE) hdd....right? :confused:

If like this guy says he has installed a different hdd, then that partition doesn't exist any more.

pctek
23-10-2005, 07:09 PM
pc...question?

I thought Dell made you use their recovery discs to activate the hidden partitions in the original (OE) hdd....right? :confused:

If like this guy says he has installed a different hdd, then that partition doesn't exist any more.
No. You EITHER had the partition containing the recovery stuff or they gave you CDs.
I think the main reason for doing providing the CDs now is its usually a lot of them.
They will sell him a set - he just has to tell them the model of his machine. But they do charge for them.