PDA

View Full Version : AVG (Grisoft) Is Broken

SurferJoe46
21-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Got a note sent to me about AVG/Grisoft updates:

Here it is C/P:

Currently the AVG 7 Free update servers are having technical problems and will be resolved as soon as possible.

Your AVG will still provide you the protection you need, they just won't be able to update normally and the icon in the system tray will likely turn from the normal colors to the black and white indicating a problem.

If needed, you may update manually even though this isn't recommended. Note.. the servers that supply the manual updates have been getting overloaded since the automatic servers are having problems... be patient and you will eventually get in.

We will remove this notice as soon as we see the updates working again. We (the Moderator's) will likely not respond to questions concerning this since there is nothing else that they can do about this until the situation is resolved. Feel free to discuss this as you wish.

........and I thought I broke it!!!!

Prescott
21-10-2005, 04:21 PM
this might be why my avg cuts out randomly when downloading updates...

Terry Porritt
21-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I downloaded the update, dated 20 October, manually this afternoon, as the auto update was not working.

SurferJoe46
21-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I tried that too...but in my case, I could not connect to Grisoft's site after a half dozen attempts...

kinda like the problem I wuz having last few days with F1....but I see somebody kicked the hamster back onto the wheel and it seems to be ok now.

Jester
21-10-2005, 04:52 PM
It wasn't working earlier today and there's a post on their forums about it... but I just tried now and it updated so must be fixed.

Organicpete
21-10-2005, 05:22 PM
phew ...
thought it was me :)

Pete

SurferJoe46
21-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I have the AVG forum up and running on a different page here, and they say it is not fixed yet...oh well.

I even refreshed the page and it hasn't changed yet....

bob_doe_nz
22-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Working fine now...

SurferJoe46
22-10-2005, 03:52 AM
AVG is blacked out here yet...this is Friday morning at 7:38 (-7GMT)

It won't update ................nor will it manually do so.

.....might just be the load from users getting updates making it too busy...

TeejayR
22-10-2005, 07:59 AM
OK this morning with auto upate at 7:58 AM

zahmad
22-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Downloaded automatically here on Saurday afternoon at 1.30pm. No probs!

Lindy
22-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi
I was trying to download AVG free version onto computer and download kept on coming back to 'original' page...maybe this is what you guys talking about..
Went back to handout CD to get their version 6 and to install need to get reg.off Grisoft site....can someone point me in the right direction for this registration I am baffled. (my laptop had Norton anti virus from Sales firm and has now run out and rather than pay for new version hoped AVG as good.)

Would someone also explain the 2 icons on my computer - look like armour
the yellow one with ! says Updates are ready for your computer.Click here.....
Red with x Windows security alerts. On my laptop the 'yellow armour' decided to update when I logged on.
Some other kind person enters things in my computer and I try and drive it :)
The Junior member beside my name makes my aging body feel great!!!
cheers Lindy

SurferJoe46
22-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I just knew if I went trout fishing this morning, by the time I would get back that AVG would be fixed.....AND SO IT IS!!!

:thumbs: TY AVG!

Zippity
22-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Dump AVG and get avast!

You won't be sorry :)

Cicero
22-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi
I was trying to download AVG free version onto computer and download kept on coming back to 'original' page...maybe this is what you guys talking about..
Went back to handout CD to get their version 6 and to install need to get reg.off Grisoft site....can someone point me in the right direction for this registration I am baffled. (my laptop had Norton anti virus from Sales firm and has now run out and rather than pay for new version hoped AVG as good.)

Would someone also explain the 2 icons on my computer - look like armour
the yellow one with ! says Updates are ready for your computer.Click here.....
Red with x Windows security alerts. On my laptop the 'yellow armour' decided to update when I logged on.
Some other kind person enters things in my computer and I try and drive it :)
The Junior member beside my name makes my aging body feel great!!!
cheers Lindy
The armour one is windows updater.