PDA

View Full Version : More help with fs9

JJJJJ
21-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Can someone tell me how to habdle guage and panel files?
Whenever I install a new aircraft and put it's guage file into Guages it overwrites the existing file.
It doesn't seem to affect anything though.
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=es9n49

Trev
21-10-2005, 10:07 AM
All it is, is that some aircraft programers pinch other peoples gauges and use them in there aircraft, so if you already have that gauge in your gauges folder you well get the overwrite message.

Trevor :)

allblack
21-10-2005, 12:09 PM
go to either

avsim.com or flightsim.com

and ask FS9 questions there. You'll find all your answers and more, believe me. Register first, then do a search of the forums for your questions. If nothing from the search, ask in the forums. Make sure you search first, responders are great but have little time for people who don't look themselves first!!

suggest avsim initially, it's the better of the two.

Cheers
Tim

Trev
21-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Jack knows all about that but he keeps coming back here asking FS questions. I don't know why. If I have a FS question I post it on the FS.com forum.

Jester
21-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Jack of course that pic doesn't show gauges and panels as it's an outside view of the plane!

You should really join some FS forums or Virtual Airlines mate ... plenty of help on offer elsewhere.

However, I couldn't resist...

Gauges go in the :\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges folder and have names like cessna_182.airspeed.gau.

The panel.cfg file in the aircrafts' panel folder refers to where the gauges are and how they should be used with that paticular panel. The have to be the right size and fit the holes in the panel etc.

In the Cessna's cfg for example, the following line refers to the gauge above:

gauge00=Cessna!Airspeed, 0, 1

You can alias gauges and panels to any planes, instead of having 'instructions' for each panel and gauge in the panel.cfg file, it simply says:

[fltsim]
alias=B777_300\panel

That would drag the 773's panel and all gauges into whatever plane you have that line in your panel.cfg. You could replace a Cessna's with that for example and have a 733's cockpit.

As far as new file overwriting old ones ... well, I wouldn't unless they are newer. Even then, rename the existing one with a .bak extension or move it to a backup folder so you can get it back easy enough.

steelsporran
21-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Can someone tell me how to habdle guage and panel files?
Whenever I install a new aircraft and put it's guage file into Guages it overwrites the existing file.
It doesn't seem to affect anything though.
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=es9n49

Maybe you should use this http://www.ranainside.com/software_flightsim_manager.html

JJJJJ
21-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Jack knows all about that but he keeps coming back here asking FS questions. I don't know why. If I have a FS question I post it on the FS.com forum.

BECAUSE i LIKE THE ANSWERS i GET FROM THIS FORUM

Trev
21-10-2005, 10:26 PM
:eek: :yuck: :nerd: :cool:

Trevor :cool:

JJJJJ
22-10-2005, 10:09 AM
:eek: :yuck: :nerd: :cool:

Trevor :cool:

You've given me a lot of help Trev and I appreciate it.
Thank you,

Trev
22-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Not a problem Jack.