PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Problem-Downgrading

csinclair83
20-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I've been using Outlook 2003 (part of Office 2003 Package) on my laptop for a while, and now its causing me issues, even reinstalling it wont work, so I've downgraded to Outlook (part of Office XP) and its saying that my Personal Files Folder (messages and addresses) from 2003, isnt supported by this version of outlook, I kinda know that, but is there some way i can make it supported? Or is there any other Email Client that supports my personal files folder. I really really need it as it has emails I really need to reply to and stuff.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers in advance
:badpc: Chris

linw
20-10-2005, 09:43 PM
You are so lucky that I am here!! I had to do a very similar thing with a friend's computer a few days ago and finally found the tool that worked perfectly. I had to go from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 98. Don't even think of File Import/Export. I couldn't find a freebie but there are several good commercial products that will do the job. I used Aid4Mail found here:- http://www.aid4mail.com/

You can download a trial and the limitation is it will only work on up to 50 emails in each folder. So I cheated and split the biggest folder into three folders! But it brings everything across, including attachments, and makes .msg files. These can be dragged and dropped into Outlook folders or just dbl clicked.

Good luck.

csinclair83
20-10-2005, 10:14 PM
its a bit too late to do that, as its already a file, and outlook 2003 has been removed and its outlook xp and a file with my emails?
or did u mean to use aidformail on the file?

linw
21-10-2005, 04:52 PM
It works with the outlook.pst file.