PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Splitter

ruup
20-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi,People,
I'm looking for a MP3 splitter,I have used Cool MP3 splitter in the past and found it ok,but limiting.What are your recommendations for it's replacement,is there such a thing as an automatic MP3 splitter? ie so I don't have to tell it where to cut?
Thanks for your feedback
ruup

Rob99
21-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Wondering why?? but anyway have you tried here (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=mp3+splitter&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)

_david_
21-10-2005, 11:44 AM
try a program called audacity, its real easy to use, and does a very nice job, i especially like the ability to mix to tracks, made a few remixes using acapellas and instrumentals.
dave.

Strommer
21-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for this thread. Looks like I will be downloading...
...Audacity is a free program and is here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/Audacity.shtml

Audacity is a free audio editor. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more.

Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings.

It also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications. Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.

Strommer
21-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Hmmmnnnn....not too sure about Audacity, if it will automatically split files into smaller chunks.

This program will do it but it is not free: ($25 USD)
MEDA MP3 Splitter is a powerful tool. the tool that easily breaks MP3 files into smaller pieces of your choosing.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/MEDA-MP3-Splitter.shtml

Strommer
21-10-2005, 10:11 PM
OK folks, I keep finding more. Here is a freebie that appears to split files:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/mp3DirectCut.shtml

mp3DirectCut is a small tool for editing MPEG audio directly.You can remove parts, change the volume, split files or copy regions to several new files.All without the need to decompress your MP3 into a PCM format.

User Review:
I tried out 3 MP3 trimmers today: MP3DirectCut, MP3Trim, and MP3Cutter. Ultimately I went with MP3Trim.What stymied me with MP3DirectCut was its seeming lack of flexibility in choosing where it is you want to cut. The navigation buttons aimed at forwarding or backing up your cut point in a song weren't all that easy to use and wouldn't line up with where I wanted to cut the live song, which had unwanted audience noise before and after the music.MPDirectCut is a beautiful looking aplication, and you can't fault its price of $0.00, but because MP3Trim cut my song perfectly and easily it won out in this "battle of the bands" trimmer show-down.

ruup
22-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the replies,funnily enough I ended up with MP3 Direct Cut too...will let you know if I find anything better.
cheers
ruup

Chilling_Silence
22-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Goldwave!

Strommer
22-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Goldwave!

Goldwave costs $43 USD.
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/WAV_Players_and_Editors/GoldWave.html

GoldWave is a professional digital audio editor. Use it to play, edit, mix, restore, and analyze audio, or apply special effects, such as fade, equalizer, doppler, mechanize, echo, reverse, time warp, noise reduction, pop/click filter. New files can be recorded from cassettes, albums, radio, microphone, etc. or digitally copied from audio CDs. Real-time visuals are displayed during playback and recording. Supports MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, and many more formats and can perform batch conversions and processing. Excellent value with free upgrades.

Strommer
22-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the replies,funnily enough I ended up with MP3 Direct Cut too...will let you know if I find anything better.
cheers
ruup

Please let us know if it will automatically split files into chunks. Thanks.

Chilling_Silence
22-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Never heard of Shareware Steve?

For trims, cuts, crops, mixes etc Goldwave is very simple and easy to use :)

Strommer
22-10-2005, 12:07 PM

Hmmmmnnn.... so you mean after a trial period Goldwave *expects* you to pay but does not demand or stop the use of the program?

dds
22-10-2005, 12:11 PM
who can find a free download of Goldwave? thankz

Strommer
22-10-2005, 12:14 PM

From CNET Download.com User comments:

Lacks the codec required to save to MP3. No problem, though. Save to WAV and then convert to MP3 with another program. One extra step that does nothing to detract from the overall quality of the program.

(reply):
Simply download the lame.dll MP3 codec thingy and Goldwave will be able to save files to MP3. A quick search for lame.dll will reveal many sources - all free. The trial version of Goldwave allows something like 2000 uses before it runs out, so you can have it installed for ages.

wainuitech
19-02-2009, 10:45 PM
:lol: Think they may have got it sorted after 3 years and a few months some how.:spam