PDA

View Full Version : Norton ugh

superloopy_2004
19-10-2005, 08:47 AM
brand new computer... month old and already had to do system recovery.... Norton seems to be the problem so should i take it out beforei put in other virus program or just leave it there and disable it/ help im confused :dogeye:

drcspy
19-10-2005, 08:51 AM
just remove it...........then reinstall another one........norton is crap

Billy T
19-10-2005, 09:36 AM
just remove it...........then reinstall another one........norton is crap

Of course that is just one opinion, and this is another:

I have been running Norton AV & SystemWorks for years without any problems (or virus issues) whatsoever, it just sits there and does its job. It catches the odd nasty that tries to sneak through, but that's what it's there for.

My comp is a PIII 550 with 256MB RAM so it is not exactly over-endowed with power either, Boot time is about half a minute and it all works just dinky-di. Still on the original OS installation as well, if you don't count restoring an image file once after a RAM stick failure corrupted the working copy.

I think that a lot of programs (not just Nortons) get blamed for problems with causes that lie elsewhere, sometimes between the chair and the keyboard.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Strommer
19-10-2005, 09:40 AM
You may have problems removing Nortons. If you do, try a Google or a PF1 search to find a small program that will get rid of Nortons. Ages ago I did run Norton AV but saw the light and canned it. I still use Norton System Works but am happy with Avast AV.