PDA

View Full Version : Can't email photos using the XP Function - Can someone help pse?

baycam
18-10-2005, 07:40 PM
For the last few years I have emailed photos by opening the photos folder in XP Home and then highligting the photos and then clicking the "Email these files" in the bar to the right of the screen.,

This would automatically bring up a message to ask if you wanted to 'make pictures smaller?' and I would click yes and then Outlook express would open with the resized photos in the message as attachments.

Something has happened as when I click the 'email these files?' it still asks if I want to make the pictures smaller and I can see a small window in the back ground which says 'Send Mail: Preparing to send: C/ Docs/ Mypictures ... etc etc" - in this window the file transfer thingee is going on but it never finishes and when I click on "OK" on the 'Make pictures smaller" window he whole thing disappears and Outlook Express doesn't open.

Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong? :help:

Thanks.

Freejack
18-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't use this myself but looking at it I notice this stores things in your personal temp folder, probably in "C:\Documents and Settings\{yournamehere}\Local Settings\Temp" or similar. You might try cleaning this folder out for starters - it will tend to get clogged over time. Try a tool like Crap Cleaner ( http://www.ccleaner.com/ ). This tool will also help you clean up your PC in general which may also help if the problem is caused by hd space problems.