PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing help

Tukapa
17-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi all

Just after some quick help from those in the know.

I have a Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe that I am having a play with. Have just had all my TV split off to the computer room (including Sky Digital) and am wanting to burn compilation muisc clips to DVD from Juice, J2 and C4.

I am recording blocks of Juice to hard drive and then sifting through for those clips I want to keep. What I would like to be able to do is just cut all the clips up as they change and save them to my hard drive. I am saving my file in mpeg2 DVD quality.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to which software will enable me to do this in the easiest possible way?

I have Ulead Video Studio 6 SE, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3.5 suite, Ulead Cool 3D 3.0, Nerovision Express 2.0 SE, and of course Windows Movie Maker. Is there any other software that may be advisable?

I don't want to have to convert the mpeg2 files into other formats, I just want to be able to split them as mpeg2 files and keep the ones I want and biff the crap away.

My specs are below and I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.

Thanks in advance.

Speedy Gonzales
17-10-2005, 10:48 PM
I use the same tuner here.

But use Nerovision 3 tho, full not 2 SE.

So, not sure if SE is limited in what it can do, compared to the full version.

And just cut out the parts I dont want and save them under another name.

Strommer
22-11-2005, 03:04 PM
But use Nerovision 3 tho, full not 2 SE.

For those of us with 2 SE, can it be updated to version 3, for free off the Net?

Speedy Gonzales
22-11-2005, 03:21 PM
For those of us with 2 SE, can it be updated to version 3, for free off the Net?

Ah, if u have Nero 6 (It may NOT work with the OEM version), and its registered, you can download Nerovision 3 (http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up.php)

Update - Package 2. (which is now upto 3.1.0.21), and it should use the Nero 6 serial.

Its 36.3mb tho.

lazydog
22-11-2005, 06:01 PM
You could use VirtualdubMod.
Aint got the link handy, just do a search in google.
Only a small download and is a very good program to have especially if your into video editing.

Strommer
23-11-2005, 06:01 AM
You could use VirtualdubMod.
Aint got the link handy, just do a search in google.
Only a small download and is a very good program to have especially if your into video editing.

For the record:

VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 Size: 1.57 MB
download here (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/VirtualDubMod.shtml)

VirtualDubMod is finally based on the VirtualDub series, includes MPEG2 and AC3 support, MP3 and AC3 import have been extended to properly handle corrupted data and a fix for CBR MP3 files has been included, the audio menu has been restructured to support multiple audio tracks for all containers.

See here also (http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=332)

Tool features, Convert:
VOB to AVI, VOB to DivX, VOB to XviD, VOB to MP3, VOB to WAV, VCD to AVI, VCD to DivX, VCD to XviD, VCD to MP3, VCD to WAV, SVCD to AVI, SVCD to DivX, SVCD to XviD, SVCD to MP3, SVCD to WAV

Guides for this tools:
How to convert DivX/XviD with AC3 to a DVD with AC3 and subtitles
AVI to DVD MPEG (using CCE or TMPGenc encoders)
Convert 23.976 Fps AVI Files to DVD-PAL 25 Fps
Convert RealMedia to AVI / MKV
Divx-Xvid conversion to DVD with AC3 (requires Sonic Scenaris)
DVD to XviD Conversion using DVD2AVI,AviSynth,Virtualdub
Encoding DVDs to High Quality Movie Files with XviD and AC3
Extract audio to WAV using VirtualDubMod
How To - AVI/MKV/OGM to DVD
How to add permanent subtitle to a video with virtualdubmod
How to compress a DVD to DivX, using ogm container.
How to convert AVI/DivX/XviD with AC3 to DVD with AC3
How to convert matroska MKV to AVI or OGM to AVI
How to convert MKV to MPG (VCD,SVCD or DVD)
How to Convert OGM to DVD
How to create Anime DVD's from MKV, OGM, and AVI files
How to use AviSynth with the Convolution3D "video noise" filter including editing with VirtualDubMod
OGM to SVCD easy Guide
Put a custom watermark on your video
Ripping a DVD to DivX/XviD/other AVI without using one single one-click application!

lazydog
23-11-2005, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Steve_L]For the record:

VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 Size: 1.57 MB
download here (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/VirtualDubMod.shtml)

Good link and review.
Thanks for that. Brian.

linw
23-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Recently came across Videoredo at www.videoredo.com and find it is an excellent tool for this sort of editing. Has a commercial (advert) find tool, too. Not free but there is a trial version.