PDA

View Full Version : Gmail in Firefox... or rather, not. Anyone else got this problem?

bRaZZiN
11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Well. Anyone else getting this problem? Up until now I've used Gmail in Firefox without any problems whatsoever, but today I tried to go to Gmail - and what do you know, it's not working. It throws some sort of error ("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/xxxx URL cannot be reached") in one of those alert boxes, then the little 'loading' up the top corner just stays there - nothing.

I gritted my teeth and deleted my google.com/gmail cookies, restarted firefox, my computer et cetera and what to you know, it hasn't changed a thing.

I've got Google toolbar installed in Firefox, and the latest version of firefox... eep, I'm having to use Internet explorer. Not good people. Not good.

Anyone else? Or is it just me? :stare:

zahmad
11-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Why don't u use the gmail notifier for firefix, and then you can go to gmail with a click of a button! :thumbs:

bRaZZiN
11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
... tried that, not working :P

andrew93
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi
I used to have a similar problem and can't remember how I fixed it. Try Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies -> Tick 'allow .. cookies' and tick 'for originating website only'. Then fire up GMail. If that doesn't work, undo my suggestion.
HTH, Andrew

bRaZZiN
11-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Well. No, as it turned out... that didn't work - but after a bit of tinkering I found that my connection settings in Firefox had somehow changed themselves (?). As it turned out, nothing was working...

But, I'm in firefox now, it's working, cheers.

SurferJoe46
12-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Well. No, as it turned out... that didn't work - but after a bit of tinkering I found that my connection settings in Firefox had somehow changed themselves (?). As it turned out, nothing was working...

But, I'm in firefox now, it's working, cheers.

..........would you mind posting what you found to be changed?

Inquiring minds want to know.