PDA

View Full Version : S-Video for ati

Ninjabear
11-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi

I am trying to find a s-video cable for my ati radeon 9800se

Its not an ordinary s-video as it has 10 pins.

Would anybody know the name of this s-video cable?

It has 3 pins at the top 4 pins in the middle 3 pins at the bottum

pine-o-cleen
11-10-2005, 09:28 PM
That's not s-video. I have a similar cable from my video card, that goes from my card, to a small box with s-vid and rca inputs and outputs, is this what your talking about?

Ninjabear
11-10-2005, 09:59 PM
It was a plug that changes to a yellow cord.It came with a box but the cable that plugs in the back of the graphics card didn't fit so i had to use a different cable.It was a short 7cm cord that changes from the 10 pin plug to a rca

gibler
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
yeah I have one with a ATI X800 XT card, my ATI card before just had standard S-Video

Mine is a VIVO cable - 1 RCA in, 1 RCA out, 1 S-Video In and 1 S-Video Out. 9 pins in all.

Doesn't seem to be anything obvious in NZ shops.

Tenkei
13-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I have an ATI X800 Pro and I was able to make the S-Video out and 1 RCA out work. But how do you make the S-Video in and 1 RCA in work!?

Tenkei
13-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Alright! I finally got S-Video In working. Took me a couple of hours to find it but it now works perfectly. I just wished it had better viewing quality :illogical .

I just had to download the required software through ati's website (www.ati.com). I used their search engine using the phrase Multimedia Center Download and I found a link to download the ATI Multimedia Center 9.08. I was worried that my card wasn't going to work with the software because it wasn't listed under their supported cards but it did! I have Windows XP: Media Center Edition and it doesn't even come close to what ATI Multimedia Center can do. So far ATI has the same viewing quality, better management, easier handeling, more recording options, and no copyright protection.

I hope this will help people that stumble onto this site looking for a solution for the problem like meh. :thumbs: