PDA

View Full Version : My Printer Swiches off Mid Print!

eef2
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys,

After doing some searching, I've come to this reliable and trusty site where I've been helped before.
What could possibly be wrong when my printer swiches off mid print?
I noticed it when printing from Word (office 2000), but I've been having trouble from it for some time wherein the light on the printer keeps winking and my comp. tells me that there's no paper loaded. False reporting? :badpc:
When installing the new printer, I have been pressing the "capture port" button.
Was this a wrong thing to do? What is the "end capture" for? :waughh:
Some history: I have been trying unsuccesfully to instal an Acer scanner using Mira Scan "Mira3_42" installed in c:\windows\twain32. :lol:
Running Win 98SE and all IE updates (Firefox 1.0.7 preffered browser) :thumbs:
HIH (Hope to Hear) from someone soon,
Neville.

andrew93
11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi Neville
What is the printer make and model? Also, when you say "the printer switches off mid print" is the page stuck in the printer or does the print job stop half way through? Also, is it doing only doing this with Word or other applications too? Lastly, how are you connected to the printer?
Andrew

mark c
11-10-2005, 09:56 PM
When you say "switches off mid print" do you mean all power goes down or that the prntr stops printing?

Printers are horrible. I don't like problems with printers so I treat them like Bethsheba. I would update the drivers as an easy initial fixit.

eef2
13-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks for reply, MarkC and Andrew93.
A pop up message says "There was an error sending your print to the printer. Windows will retry after 5 seconds". It doesn't. The power stays on, and the connections are fine.
It is a Canon BJC-210SP Bubble jet printer, the heads are clean, and there is plenty of ink in it.
Could it be that there are previous print jobs not cleared and not reported?
The print jobs stops half way through and it does it with all applications.
I hope these points cover all the questions that you both have asked.
Neville

mark c
13-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Clear out the print jobs and see what happens, if no improvement try updating the driver for it

I get the same message occasionally, though before it starts to do anything. Are you waiting until the printer is completely ready? That's what brings up the message sometimes. Other times for no apparent reason. Rebooting seems to fix it. I know next to nothing about printer troubleshooting. Mostly I just hope it works. :D

andrew93
13-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Following on from Mark, if you need to reload drivers or just check out the online support for your printer, have a look at this webpage. (http://www.canon.co.nz/products/printers/colour_bj_printers/bjc210sp_support.aspx) You might also want to check that your cable is seated in firmly etc.
A

mark c
14-10-2005, 11:20 PM
So?

eef2
15-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Well I did the updated driver thing and it worked once, that was the last time I used it. Here's hoping it will work the second time. :stare:

mark c
15-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Terrific :thumbs:

When I update a driver I give it a few test runs, with cold reboots in between, just to be sure. (Well, more sure.) :D...m