PDA

View Full Version : hotmail

lorry
11-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Is it possible to set up outlook express so it downloads your hotmail emails into it

stu161204
11-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Is it possible to set up outlook express so it downloads your hotmail emails into it

yep :)

stu161204
11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Once outlook express is open go to "tools" > accounts > add > mail then just fellow the on screen prompts then once you get to the "e-mail server names screen" make sure under "my incoming mail server is a “” server" make sure you select "http"

then under my HTTP mail service provider is then select "hotmail"

then select “next” then fellow the on screen prompts & after that you should be able to download your hotmail folder & get your mail.

I Hope this helps :) if you need any more help or have any problems post back here

FoxyMX
11-10-2005, 12:24 PM
It doesn't always work anymore Stu. Only a couple of my old Hotmail accounts can be setup to download emails into Outlook Express. Newer ones get the message that "Hotmail no longer allows email access via OE for free email accounts". So you have to pay for it if you want it these days.

On the other hand Gmail has no such restrictions. ;)

stu161204
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
It doesn't always work anymore Stu.

That depends on how lucky you are :D hehe

Only a couple of my old Hotmail accounts can be setup to download emails into Outlook Express.

Same here.