PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 32

The_End_Of_Reality
10-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I am also getting another error it is also to do with the sound card but i dont know how to fix it. "error cosdde 32 windows error message MMSYSTEM032 the specifyed format cannot be translated of supported. use the capabilities function to view supported formats." this error comes from winamp 2.9 when trying to play any audio file :help:
Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
10-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Try the winamp forum

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=32696

The_End_Of_Reality
10-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks Speedy thats helpful ill try these thing and hope they work :thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I would also update to 5.1 of Winamp. 2.9 is a bit old!

The_End_Of_Reality
10-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes i know it is a bit old but wont 5.1 use more ram than 2.9? i am useing 2.9 for the performance

The_End_Of_Reality
11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I tried all of the suggestions on the winamp forum and none of them worked. it is not just winamp. windows media player cant play anything (wav, mp3, wma, cd-da) it says "windows media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. there may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it maybe in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly". no sound comes from windows i.e logon. and when i change the output pulgins the direct sound output v2.2.6 says "bad direct sound drivers please instal proper drivers or select another device in configoration error code: 8878000A". when i switch it to wave output v2.0.2A it says "another program is using your sound card. please change output device (in wave out plugin configoration swith to direct sound output in winamp preferences/ plugins/output) or get a sound card which can play multiple stream. error code: 4 windows error message: MMSYSTEM004 the specified device is already inuse, wait until it is free, and then try again." on all of these occassions there has been nothing using my sound card. :badpc: :help:

Speedy Gonzales
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, umm try putting the soundcard in another PCI slot, if its not the onboard soundcard.

Try reinstalling the drivers for the soundcard.

What version of Windows are we talking about?? If XP, try control panel sounds and audio devices / audio tab.

Make sure the default device shows the name of the soundcard. For playback and recording.

The_End_Of_Reality
11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
this is the strange part it is not PCI it is connected to the mobo via IDE and there are no other slots.

I have tried updating the drivers but nothing.

windows 98 se.

it shows three devices and i hav tried all of them and nothing works.

i think the sound card might be malfunctioning i.e DEAD :badpc:

Speedy Gonzales
11-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Whats the brand/model of this soundcard?

The_End_Of_Reality
12-10-2005, 01:14 PM
It is Crystal Semiconductor Corparation / Crystal WDM MPU-401 Compatible