PDA

View Full Version : OKI 3100c network problem

xineohp
09-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I have this problem with the OKI 3100c Printer.
Machine1 is the machine that the printer is physically connected to and it prints fine.
Machine2 is networked to machine1. They see each other fine and can share files, internet etc.
The problem is when a print job is sent from Machine2 it sends OK but then Machine1 immediatly says error on printing. I have reloaded the driver on both machines from the CD, I have made sure that the printer is shared, but still the same problem.
Both machines are running WinXP Pro SP2 and have 512mb
I tried the OKI NZ site, nothing there and when I clicked on Contact Us, no email address, in fact no details at all.
Any ideas

Graham L
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Did you install the printer as Administrator on both machines?

It might need to make a spool file on the "host" computer, and run into permission problems if the "printer" on the client computer has only user privilege. Maybe you need to share a spool directory? Just thoughts ... ;)

Have a look at the error log files ... :cool:

xineohp
11-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Yep both were installed as Administrator, still no joy. Anyone have OKI's email address for NZ?

Graham L
11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Does using the printer start a montor programme (which checks printer status, etc)? Perhaps access to such a programme is the problem? (I often share a Canon printer between two machines in W2k, and I didn't have to set access to the monitor prog. but perhaps XP has a bit more security). Have you got error logs?

Rob99
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
64 or 32 bit cup?

paulf123
17-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi, I work at Oki so try the email info@oki.co.nz and you should get some help

cheers

Paul