PDA

View Full Version : Java problems

Marnie
07-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Canadian friend appears to have a java problem. She uses Win 98 (yes, I know, some still do and get by very well).

Downloaded sun java, to enable her to play in one game site (ionthunder) then found she was unable to play certain games in pogo. Am not sure if she has microsoft java loaded as well, but would the two conflict?

She has tried uninstalling sun java and re-loading with any noticeable improvement.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks, Marnie

Myth
07-10-2005, 08:37 PM
My partner had the same issue with Pogo and Grab. Since both sites sometimes share the same applet for certain games, I guessed one had installed a bad applet.
The answer, go to Control Panel, in there is an applet for java. Somewhere in that applet is a setting where you can empty temp files.
Hope this works for you :)

Marnie
07-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks a bunch, Tazz.....I'll let her know.

Regards,

Marnie

Myth
07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
The other thing your friend might try is emptying all temp files within her browser as well

If it works np, if not, come back and let us know.

Incidentally, my partner knows of 2 people overseas who had this issue, one reformatted her comp :( ... the other like me was technically minded so had an idea where the problem lay

Marnie
07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks,

I think she keeps most of her pc "housekeeping" up to date, but will mention that, too.

Marnie