PDA

View Full Version : Resume problem

azzanz
07-10-2005, 01:39 PM
I have an Abit AN7 motherboard.

Whenever my PC resumes from a sleep or hibernate state none of my PC's peripherals (eg monitor, mouse, keyboard) respond - and I am left having to do a cold reboot.

I know that BIOS power saving settings can often conflict with Windows own power settings, but I have tried all manner of combination of settings to no effect.

Anybody got any ideas?

lazydog
07-10-2005, 02:44 PM
I use the standby option with my computer. Works like a charm. Wake up in the morning, hit the space bar,enter password and shes ready to go. All in about 10 seconds max.
Maybe you could try that option?.

godfather
07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
The ability of desktop hardware to work in either hibernate or standby mode is very mixed and often unsatisfactory.

The modes were primarily designed for laptop hardware, I have never yet found a desktop system that does not suffer some degree of unreliability after either mode is used.

Sometimes the unreliability shows up quite oddly some time later, only as a missing cursor or an unexpected software error. Using full shutdowns and restarts takes longer but is always much better for reliability.

Its a case of "if it works, its fine", but in my experience its an exception and not the rule that it will work.