PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding pc?

aidanmaz
06-10-2005, 07:30 PM
i hav 3 pcs in pieces as none of them work at all.
i hav a HP Brio case, and 2 other cases, one the switch is complete snapped off so that eliminates that one.
i hav two ATX power packs and an AT.
When i try to boot a pc using either ATX power pack it seems dead. i know all the parts (CDRW HDD) all work. if i hav the power pack out of the case it very rarely but sometimes works which is very unusual, why is it that this happens.

pctek
06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
i hav 3 pcs in pieces as none of them work at all.
i hav a HP Brio case, and 2 other cases, one the switch is complete snapped off so that eliminates that one.
i hav two ATX power packs and an AT.
When i try to boot a pc using either ATX power pack it seems dead. i know all the parts (CDRW HDD) all work. if i hav the power pack out of the case it very rarely but sometimes works which is very unusual, why is it that this happens.
The switch doesn't completely matter. Depends how crude you want to be. My son smashed the front of his case once, so I pulled the wires off the switch, hung it out the hole in the front and told him to touch them together when he wanted to turn it on. Zero cost in repairs.

Or just buy a new case with PSU, much better than playing with old dodgy stuff.

aidanmaz
07-10-2005, 03:49 PM
so how wood i "hot wire" it? its causea lot of frustration as there are school assignments on the HDD which are due in on monday

how much wud a case and stuff cost?

pctek
07-10-2005, 08:06 PM
so how wood i "hot wire" it? its causea lot of frustration as there are school assignments on the HDD which are due in on monday

how much wud a case and stuff cost?
Like I said. Cut the broken switch off, you now have two bare wires, one white and the other some colour. You touch them together and its the same as pushing the button. Touch them, not join them permanently.

There are cheap cases available everywhere. $50 probably. OR try Trademe for a used one.