PDA

View Full Version : Cisco 827 problem connecting to xtra ADSL

yesmat
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a strange problem. I have an xtra dsl at home and it has always been working fine with a standard Dlink Modem/Router. I decided that I need to replace that with a Cisco 827 Adsl router, which gives me more flexibility in configureing NAT, access lists etc..
I configured the router "Correctly" but I never managed to get the ATM interface to come up/up and the ATM PVC was always INAC "inactive".

I tried all plugs at the house, tried with the same filter I been using and without and tried different dsl cables all without any success. I also took the router and tested it at work and it worked like a charm "using the exact same configs"

Any ideas?? I am thinking that the wiring must be different for Cisco than for any other retail modem/router.

Thanks

PaulD
06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Did you try it at home with the same router to wall socket cable, preferably the one that came with the Cisco? Everything should have the same BT pattern 6 pin wall plug but the arrangement at the equipment end "may" be different.

yesmat
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Thans for your quick reply.

I have tried with the BT cable that came with the router directly to the wall (different outlets) same problem. Since there is no CD (carrier detect) green light on I assume that it is a cabling issue.

Cheers
Yakout

Peter Coleman
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
just check that there is a light on the back that tells you if the dsl is up,usually next to where the line cord plugs in.On some cisco's the cd light on the front doesn't come up with the dsl.

Peter

yesmat
11-10-2005, 09:06 PM
The CD light is on the front panel of the router. it doesn't come up at all. But this is not the problem. The ATM interface is down/down and the ATM PVC is Inactive. Iam about to change the ADSL filter that i am using. this is the same filter that came with the D-Link modem. it could be proprietry for D-Link only.
Cheers

PaulD
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Filters are used with other devices on the same line as the ADSL modem. You should be able to unplug everything else and get the modem working. It is very unlikely to be a filter problem.