PDA

View Full Version : ADSL WorldxChange

johnd
05-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Anyone using the WolrdxChange ADSL as advertised on TV?

$29.95 looks attractive!

stu161204
06-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Anyone using the WolrdxChange ADSL as advertised on TV?

$29.95 looks attractive!

yeath but thats only for 1 Gigabyte Data per month & 256 Kb/s Download Speed! (from: http://www.xnet.co.nz/content/internet_hsi_products.shtml) :stare: :groan: :waughh:

johnd
06-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Yea - that does not bother me as it is throttled back to 64kbps and for our usage that is fine. On investigation though - you have to sign up with one of their toll plans and they don't look as good as the Telecom Anytime plan we are currently on.

Well - it look like I am still waiting for the mythical true $29.95 plan!

wuppo
07-10-2005, 08:03 AM
On investigation though - you have to sign up with one of their toll plans and they don't look as good as the Telecom Anytime plan we are currently on.

Their terms at the bottom of the broadband pricing page state:

"Rather than forcing our tolls services onto you, we are encouraging you to use our tolls by offering you 100 free national tolls minutes. Either way you benefit. We won't add $10 to your broadband cost if you do not choose WxC as your toll provider." :o

Lizard
07-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Yea - that does not bother me as it is throttled back to 64kbps and for our usage that is fine. On investigation though - you have to sign up with one of their toll plans and they don't look as good as the Telecom Anytime plan we are currently on.

The WorldXchange Toll plan I use charges $1.85 for up to 2 hours talking for national tolls off-peak, and $2.45 for the same on peak. Telecom were charging $3.00 for off-peak, and weren't offering an on-peak capped calling rate. I haven't been able to find a better toll option than this (haven't really looked, mind you) without going VoIP.

Lizard

johnd
07-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Looks like I mis-understood the wording on the second page of their on-line signup. You a re right - they do not tie you to their toll plan - so it is the "mythical $29.95 plan" and I can proceed.

Dannz
07-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Im using world exchange -- their service is excellent both customer and actually providing the internet

Lizard
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Are you using WorldXchange ADSL or dial-up? What plan are you on? How have you found them with regard their "unlimited national traffic". Has this affected your overall usage?

Lizard

linw
07-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I guess you are going to be $120 better off with them and ADSL is ADSL. Might change myself!

They only mention web mail access but I presume the mail acct is pop3 as well?

Dannz
07-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Are you using WorldXchange ADSL or dial-up? What plan are you on? How have you found them with regard their "unlimited national traffic". Has this affected your overall usage?

Lizard
Using High Speed using the xcellerate plan (5GB 1mbit)
The unlimited national is a great help as i use local mirrors for all my downloads -- and of course pressf1 is local, definately affected my overall usage