PDA

View Full Version : MicroPhone problems

Botznoy
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi. Well i'm new here and i need some help. i'm having trouble with my microphone because it wont record any sound. It seems to be a problem with Sp2 because before i installed it it worked fine. My Mic is a Custom cmp-202
Computer microphone.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike_SA
04-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey Guy, check your record settings in your mixer app. if not go into control pannel and check what the settings are in your sound settings. Otherwise try re-installing your sound card drivers, SP2 wont do anything to your sound settings except maybe reset them if that. What sound card have you got ?

Botznoy
04-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Well i use Micorsoft sound recorder. I'm not sure where to get my soundcard specs but i think it is a Via AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
i'm trying to get it working for ut 2004 :)

Mike_SA
04-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Find out what motherboard you have , It's probably onboard right ? then go to your mobo manufacturers web site and download the updated drivers. But i still think it's just settings , sometimes SP2 changes the check box in the mixer from select to mute , or vice verse. Not much else can be sugested

Botznoy
04-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Were would you find out your motherboard?

Jen
04-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Were would you find out your motherboard?Either from the motherboard manual supplied with your computer, or you can download this free program which will report what model/brand your motherboard is - Everest Home Edition - free (http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1)

Botznoy
05-10-2005, 09:09 AM
i've got a;
Soltek SL-75JV(-X)/JV2/KAV(-X)/KIV/KV(-X)/KV+(-X)/KV2(-X)

Robby
05-10-2005, 09:20 AM
gidday,

sp2 may have reset your settings for the microphone, to check,
double click the sound icon botttom right hand corner of your desktop.

click options, properties, recording, click ok, there should be a tick
in the select box for microphone, click the select box if there is not.
move the volume up to about 3/4.

robby

Botznoy
05-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Thnaks for the help guys so the problem most probably lies with the mic i'll post some pics soon