PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots from dvd

Hersh
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
A family member needs to get some screenshots from a dvd for a project, The deufult dvd player on this computer is windvd, using screenprint dosent seem to work becuase as soon as windvd is closed the image goes blank, even if previously save, I've tried a couple of screenprint programs and the same problem occurs. I have heard that windvd has a built in screen capture feature, but this is the oem version and that option in the setup if faded and unable to be changed.

any ideas?

Mike_SA
04-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Hersh , check your PVT Messages , I might have a solution there for you.

Mike_SA
04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Try Power DVD , it has an excelent screen dump facility

Odin
04-10-2005, 08:44 PM
I had a similar probalem a while back, someone told me to turn off Virtical Sync for your graphic card settings and it worked great.

Metla
04-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Use Windows Media player, as long as 3d acceleration is turned off under video options within Media player configuration it will take screenshots as expected.

The same may apply for WinDVD, check the options.

Ollie123
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Alot of players have a screen capture option, check in the preferences options. You Should beable to choose which folder the capture goes to.

Chilling_Silence
05-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Ive never had any issues using VideoLAN Client (http://www.videolan.org).

Not only is playback region-free, but it also works when you hit Print Screen on your keyboard.

Works for me, I took this:
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9739/piratesofthecaribbeanfilmshot2.jpg

sal
05-10-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm not familiar with WinDVD, but my default media player, Media Player Classic, has a Save Image... option under the File menu item which dumps a bmp to where ever you choose.

WMP also has the shortcut Ctrl+i to capture a frame which doesn't work all the time but may work with DVD playback.

To bypass the 3D Acceleration which usually prevents screenshots of video playback being taken via Print Screen, I used to play a movie, and then open another instance of whatever media player and just Print Screen that one but found out that most media players have a screen capture function as mentioned already, which saves a lot of mucking around. Apparently WinDVD(5+) has a screen capture utility although I wouldn't know anything about that.

Chilling_Silence
05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I tried the one in NeroShowtime but it didnt work too well, the image was skewed and looked horrible :(