PDA

View Full Version : Which printer to partner my Canon EOS350D

mynubeenie
02-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I have recently purchased a Canon EOS350D digital. I wish to manipulate and print my own photos using Photoshop. I have been thinking about purchasing a Canon IP5000 over the other Canon printers as this model has a 1 picolitre droplet size where the other models (including the ones that feature special photo cyan and magenta cartridges) produce a 2 picolitre droplet. Most of my photography (amateur) is nature and I often use a macro lens to get really close shots.
Has anyone in this forum had experience with this model (IP5000) or provide information from experience that may help.
Thanks all

R.M.
02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
You might want to read this link:

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/printers/0,39001759,39252100-2,00.htm

Also - have a read in this forum, it should answer any questions for you:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003

Cheers
R.M. :)

plod
02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Take your memory card into the retailer you are going to spend your money and get them to print out a photo from each printer..
But do make sure the printer's are attached to the same computer, just incase some colour profiles or other problems don't get in the way of the test. and from there let ypurself be the judge

quarry
02-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Take your memory card into the retailer you are going to spend your money and get them to print out a photo from each printer..
But do make sure the printer's are attached to the same computer, just incase some colour profiles or other problems don't get in the way of the test. and from there let ypurself be the judge

shops don't usually have printers setup

in any case i use the ip4000r for all my printing - some of it to print restored photos for customers. the ip5000 undoubtly would be even better.
i definitely recommend the canon printers. i have printed stuff from my 350d - on A4 glossy, with the photo cropped, using only a 1/3 of the image - comes out superb - people think i am using a panoramic camera.