PDA

View Full Version : Problems with internet browsing..

bigmit37
02-10-2005, 05:05 AM
It seems every 20 mins or so, I can't browse the web anymore. Sometimes after I am still connected because if I am using aim, I stayed connected and can still instant message people on my buddy list. (However, If I am not using aim, I cannot sign on, when this problem occurs.)

However, I can't access any websites. I get the load sign for each website I try to access and then eventually the message that the link couldn't be found. I can usually access the web again randomly after 5 mins- 7mins or usually a longer duration of wait.

I also have trouble watching streaming videos. The usually time out, while other sites I get choppy performance when trying to watch a streaming video.

I usually disconnect the power to my modem and router and then after 5 mins reconnect the power plugs. Then I try accessing the web, but half the time this trick doesn't work since I still have to wait some random amout of time, till I can browse the web again.

I am not sure what to check first. It seems it could be the router, so is there a fix for this, or would I have to try invest in a new router?

Speedy Gonzales
02-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Might be spyware or something. Post a Hijackthis log here.

jass
02-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Which ISP you with? im with orcon(ned) on their 256k flat-rate plan and notice the same symptoms esp. if i have a BT client running in the bg. i have to go to my modems config GUI and dis/connect to kick-start my connection if i dont want to wait the 5 or so mins of down-time. an automated process would be handy... http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=62173