PDA

View Full Version : Orcon Accelerator

spaceman8815
30-09-2005, 06:53 PM
hello,

I am looking into getting Orcon accelertor dial up plan instead off my xtra dial up plan. is the Orcon plan have a faster internt connection like it says (5x faster than noemal dial up) or is it better to stay on my xtra dial up plan?

somebody
30-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Accelerators for Dialup are a waste of time. They do very little, if anything at all. They may speed up some websites by heavily compressing graphics etc, but they won't make a great deal of difference for downloading etc.

You'd be better of getting ADSL.

stevensaaron
01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
I am on Orcon Accelerator and i find it makes it faster and i consistently get nolower that 49.2 kbps speed and some times as high as 51.5.

Metla
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
These accelerators have no bearing on your connection speed or download speed, they do nothing more then cache the net (already standard practice) locally and dither images (lowers the quality)

You are paying to get lower quality visuals and out-dated site content..

Well done.

I get 2 or 3 calls a week from people who have signed up for this crap who want to know if they have been scammed, Yes I say, yes you have....

Battleneter
01-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I am on Orcon Accelerator and i find it makes it faster and i consistently get nolower that 49.2 kbps speed and some times as high as 51.5.

This is only 6.4 KB/S (51.5/kbps 8 to get KB/S) which is only standard 56K modem speed, in fact a tad slow.

I agree there accelerators are a complete waste of time, usually an optical illusion to make you feel better. Web pages may load a little quicker, but download speed are not improved to ant tangible degree.