PDA

View Full Version : Device Could not Start (Code 10) PLEASE HELP!

gavwill
28-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I have recently had to re-boot my computer as it was basically full of ****. Everything seems to be working fine except for my sound card. When I look at device manager it displays the message "device could not start (code 10)". I have looked on the trouble shooting pages and have done exactly what they said, I have tried re-installing it, removing it and putting it back in and also updating drivers and it still wont work. It is really getting to me now becuase my computer is the only way I can listen to music other than on the radio and without sound it is not possible. So hopefully one of you can help me out and let me know of a solution so I can get my music back and not have to listen to radio 1 or local radio stations all the time. Cheers.

Trev
28-09-2005, 01:55 PM
What kind of soundcard. What OS. more info needed to help you.

Trevor :)

Battleneter
28-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes basic system details would be good, however it is generic conflict error.

I know the soundcard does not work and is showing a error in device manager.

But do you have any other devices not working ie AMR/CNR dialup modem?, and can you check to see if they working?, the error basically indicates the sound card is trying to share an IRQ with another device, however it can be an ambiguous error.

Rob99
28-09-2005, 03:16 PM
(code 10)Update the drivers for the device that wouldnt start

And more system info may help.

Graham L
28-09-2005, 03:39 PM
If: the soundcard is "integrated" (built on the motherboard),
and you formatted the disk and reinstalled Windows,
and you didn't use the motherboard's CD to reinstall the
drivers for the motherboard devices ...

Then: use the CD to reinstall the motherboard device drivers. ;)

Windows might have a "generic" driver of its own which works with PCI soundcards using the same chip but doesn't work with it the way it's implemented ion your motherboard.