PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contacts Folder

Espresso_Addict
28-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Help, I'm wanting to copy my outlook contacts folder from an old windows 98 pc to my new xp laptop. I have found the outlook.pst files on my old machine but I'm unsure of where to copy them to on the newer laptop or if this is the easiest way of doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M_M
28-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Espresso Addict,

I had to do the same thing 2 days ago, but XP to XP. On your XP machine you need to open the directory...

C:\Documents and Settings\{Your user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

In this directory replace the existing file "outlook.pst" with the old one from your old 98 pc.

Hope this helps,
MM

leechfish
29-09-2005, 12:19 PM
If you just want the contacts and don't want to overwrite your new PST file then just use File, Import and Export, Import from another program or file, Personal Folder File (PST) (from within Outlook) and select just the contacts.

If you want to move the location of your PST file - move it using explorer (when Outlook is not running) and then launch Outlook - it will then ask for the location of the PST - browse to the new location.....

Espresso_Addict
29-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks to the both of you. I finally stumbled on the import / export option yesterday and solved the problem. once agai n many thanks.:thumbs: