PDA

View Full Version : bulk media

Prescott
27-09-2005, 08:15 PM
im in need of some decent dvd+r and some cdr. im thinking about 50 dvdr because im goin to use alot of them now since i have a dual layer dvd burner, and some cdrs for everything else i need to do. what is some cheap but decent quality media that you use? and where can i get it from?

i have had a bad run with a few packs lately and its just really annoying...

i have seen these gold coloured TDK cdrs, are they any good?
what ones do you recommend?

Myth
27-09-2005, 08:34 PM
The TDK CD-Rs are ok, as are Dorado (from Warehouse Stationary) for cheapies. I have thus far had no issue with either brand

Dannz
27-09-2005, 09:04 PM
www.qmb.co.nz is pretty good for bulk media - i have used them myself

somebody
27-09-2005, 09:48 PM
CDRs - haven't encountered any "bad" CDRs as such.

DVDs - Stay away from the DSE branded ones. I bought both the +r and -r varieties, and both of which don't burn properly at the 8x speed which they're rated at. The -R has to be burnt at 2x or it won't read, and the +R is recognised as 6x media.
Princo ones are quite good - and cheap too.

Dannz
27-09-2005, 09:56 PM
DVDs - Stay away from the DSE branded ones. I bought both the +r and -r varieties, and both of which don't burn properly at the 8x speed which they're rated at. The -R has to be burnt at 2x or it won't read, and the +R is recognised as 6x media.

Thanks for the heads-up i was going to go to DSE tomorrow and buy some

jackrulz
27-09-2005, 10:05 PM
on cdrs the pink transonic (warehouse) ones are absolutly abysmal, nearly every single cd i have of these have cracks coming from the centre spindle bit. and i have had many split completly in the drive rendering the disc unreadable...
I also find they only write at only 16x on my 48x liteon.
Most of these are hardly used at all and are in cases.. there must be some more people out there with this problem of crappy pink warehouse cds aswell..

bob_doe_nz
27-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Well you get what you pay for...