PDA

View Full Version : Ms Office Service Pack CD

chiefnz
27-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I recently bought a copy of MS Office 2003 Basic Edition for a friend whose PC I am upgrading. On the inside of the Office packaging was a note saying that the user should update the installation with the latest MS Office service pack. It then said you could either download it or contact MS and they will send you a copy of the Service Pack CD.

My questions...
1) Is this CD available from MS New Zealand?
2) Alternatively do any F1'ers have this CD and is there any chance I can have a copy?
3) I received a reply from MS mmedia office (after sending an initial e-mail requesting the CD) and it states that the CD is free including the shipping cost etc, however she did state that I may have to pay Customs Duty on the CD when it arrives in NZ. Surely there will be no Customs Duty on this item as it is free? I mean it is an item that is not for sale or re-sale!!!

Your comments appreciated.

cheers

chiefnz

chiefnz
27-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Somebody Anybody?

Where's all the MS lurkers who keep an eye on us innocent PC users.

lol ;)

cheers

chiefnz

godfather
27-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Visiting www.microsoft.co.nz (http://www.microsoft.co.nz/), selecting Service Packs, Selecting Office 2003, selecting Description of Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1, selecting
"To order Office 2003 Service Pack 1 on CD, visit the following Microsoft Web site:"
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/updates/2003/o2k3cd.htm

Allows you to order Provided you live in America....

This took me about 60 seconds to get by logical means....

autechre
29-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Just a quick note that SP2 for Office 2003 has been released in the last couple of days.

The full install is over 100MB or 50MB for the normal install.
I set off the download this morning, so should be done by now :)

chiefnz
29-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Just a quick note that SP2 for Office 2003 has been released in the last couple of days.

I set off the download this morning, so should be done by now

Well that's just dandy... I was looking for a download link but could only find one for SP1. I have requested a Service Pack CD from MS so hopefully that will be here in a few weeks (4 to 6 they said)

Let me know how you go with the download, I'd been keen to get a copy off you if you don't mind.

cheers

chiefnz

SurferJoe46
29-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I got my Office SP-2 cd out to copy for you and right on the front of the cd it says:

"Do not make illegal copies of this disc".

I hesitate to recommend installing it anyway..every time I have tried to, it screws up Word and Front Page.

autechre
29-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Downloaded fine. No warnings on the webpage about "illegal copying" :)

Now onto the slipstreaming...

chiefnz
30-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Got my reply from MS today, my CD's on the way...

Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Disc

What's that all about... I just had a look at my Windows SP2 CD and there's nothing like that on the disc.

Weird.

cheers

chiefnz

Graham L
30-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Obviously, they are saying that you're allowed to make Legal Copies of the CD. :thumbs: Go to it. There might be a market for them. ;)

Elephant
30-09-2005, 11:22 PM

I set off the download this morning, so should be done by now http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/smile.gif

That will probably account for the download I installed yesterday. It was here waiting and has been installed. No adverse effects yet.