PDA

View Full Version : Modem drivers uninstall

Mr_Rain313
26-09-2005, 09:00 PM
i have a gen & Eric 56k modem and over the last few months everyso often my modem drivers uninstall,i updated the drivers but it still did the same thing
any ideas how to fix it
thanks in advance

Speedy Gonzales
26-09-2005, 09:04 PM
How did u install them??

With a setup.exe file? Or thru device manager, with an inf file??

tweak'e
26-09-2005, 10:45 PM
if its generic then its proberly only useing stock windows drivers. its proberly easier and cheaper to go buy a new modem.

otherwise we really need to know what modem brand and modell, what chipset it uses and what OS you have.

Mr_Rain313
27-09-2005, 12:52 AM
PCI soft V92 modem
manufacturer: CXT
I installed the drivers from a cd which came with it (SuperVoice)
My O/S is windows xp home edition

Kame
27-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Positive it's uninstalling?

If you have Windows Update enabled, it's most likely updating the driver, which isn't working correctly for you. Since Conexant is the chipset used, Windows will most definitely have a generic driver that would be more fit than your SuperVoice driver depending on how outdated their driver is, however, Conexant's website might have an even better generic driver for your modem which I would check out.

I would attempt to use Conexant's generic driver for this and see if it will stay put this time, else I'd look into seeing if Windows is automatically updating, checking Device Manager from the System Properties (in control panel) and if it's been updated, roll the driver back.

Just to get a general idea, reinstall SuperVoice driver, take down the listing showned in Device Manager for it and then when you encounter the problem again with it, check to see if any difference were made to your driver in device manager, if nothing is changed, the problem could be a faulty modem, which could just mean it's not sitting correctly or it's hardware related. But this is just to see if this is the case, I still recommend Conexant's generic driver for the job.

Cheers,

KK