PDA

View Full Version : How to rename tracks

sam m
11-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi,
I was wondering how to rename mp3 tracks? I have several tracks which were ripped from CD's which have titles like 'track1, track2 etc".
I have gone through and individally renamed them by "right click, rename" and it appears ok. However when I transfer this file to my Harrier phone it shows the name in the folder but when played via media player on phone it still shows "track1". This was never really an issue before as I would shuffle music anyway but now I have voice activated programme I need to have the tracks named correctly.

Is the 'right click / rename' option only changing it superficially? Is there a more correct way of renaming these tracks.

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
You should use a program that uses cddb so it can retrieve the names of the songs off the net, before you rip them.

Then the ripped MP3's will have the right names/titles.

zqwerty
11-09-2005, 10:39 PM
If you use WinAmp, right click the offending song within WinAmp menu, file info, then update to anything you wish.

You could also use:

http://www.pztageditor.com/

Not sure if the feature you want is on the unpaid version but worth a look as it is a very good program.

sam m
11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
You should use a program that uses cddb so it can retrieve the names of the songs off the net, before you rip them.

Then the ripped MP3's will have the right names/titles.

I do for most albums but these are compilations and some mixes.

sal
11-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah, the track1 text probably comes from tag info, so you need to edit this also which, as mentioned earlier, can be done from within most music players like Winamp. Also just a little tip, rename single files quicker by slowly double clicking it or even quicker IMO, pressing F2 ;)