PDA

View Full Version : Audio drivers for Acer motherboard

ironman
10-09-2005, 02:49 PM
A mate of mine has an Acer motherboard in his machine. It is a P4 running a 2.4 Celeron chip. He has lost all sound and I suggested he reload his sound drivers. I have the number of the board, (L4S5MG/651), but try as I might I cannot find any drivers on the net for it. I have tried the obvious, like Acer, and Google but can find nothing so far. Any ideas?

pheonix
10-09-2005, 03:52 PM
That is actually a model number for an ECS manufactured board.
Find the drivers here (http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l4s.html)

ironman
10-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey thanks for that. I had actually found this already. But when I extracted it, I couldn't find an executable file. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Speedy Gonzales
10-09-2005, 06:12 PM
If its an inf file when u extracted that file, go to device manager, and select the sound card / go into its properties / update driver, and point it to the folder / that inf file u extracted that file from the site to.

ironman
10-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks for that. I will be seeing my mate tomorrow. I will try it then and let you know how I get on. :)

Speedy Gonzales
10-09-2005, 09:41 PM
No worries. It SHOULD hopefully work.

ironman
11-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I noticed you are on line. Can't find an inf file. I had to extract using winzip. They all seem to be DLL files. What next? Any ideas?

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
What drivers did u download? The SIS or the C-Media?

And what version of Windows is installed?

If you downloaded the SIS drivers, the setup information file is the inf file, in those folders.

If u did get the SIS drivers, go into control panel the soundcard entry and properties / update driver, and point it to the folder for your operating system and click on the setup information file.