PDA

View Full Version : Stupid resolution, when i play games the screen is to the side

bendetto
04-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Whenever i increase my resolution (currently at 1280X1024) I need to adjust my screen using the moniter's option (y'kno stretching and all that) to make it fit my screen properly, but when i go to play a full screen game, part of the screen is always to the side or cut off. Is there a way to change this so i can play full screen games without having part of my screen missing? its very annoying and i dont like haveing 1/10 of my screen being black.

BTW im using an ati radeon 9600xt (128mb)

Speedy Gonzales
04-09-2005, 08:25 AM
See what the screen refresh rate is set to.

Properties/settings/advanced/monitor/screen refresh rate. On the desktop

It'll show black on the main screen, if the refresh rate isnt high enough. Well it does on these.

Anything under 85 hz on this, I get the black on both sides / top / bottom of the screen.

HadO
04-09-2005, 08:26 PM
If your using the Catalyst Control Center for your ATi card (cant remember if the control panels have it) - set the 3D refresh rate override under Display Options - your monitor could be defaulting to 60Hz for your games - this is a well known problem with 2000/XP...

Also keep in mind that some monitors can only remember so many settings so if your using heaps of different refresh rates and resolutions this can happen.