PDA

View Full Version : Two problems please

summertime
02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Windows ME . Scan disk cannot proceed as 4 files are using the same cluster. I used an option to delete all files but it just keeps bringing up this message. 2nd problem, I want to delete spyware dr but it is not in add/remove programmes or cc cleaner. I can see in when I gi into Windows Explorer but I am unsure whether I can delete all files in there in case they are needed for another prgramme.........heeeeeeeeeeeelp. Thank you

mark c
02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
1st prob: don't know

2nd prob: Have you got anti spyware programs like Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware? Have a look at the FAQ on spyware. get these programs and download and install them (free) and run them........hth.....m :2cents:

Jen
02-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Try using scandisk in safe mode and see how you get on.

To uninstall Spyware Doctor, look in the Spyware Doctor folder located under Start > Programs Menu for the uninstall option. You can read more here (http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/support/search/uninstalling/faq/1085/) about it. :)

apparition
02-09-2005, 06:41 PM
First eww windows ME. But anyway that error in your first problem sounds like you're running scandisk from within windows. If this is so then run scandisk from your startup disk. If you don't have one then you can make one by going to the control panel.

summertime
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
one problem fixed (thank you) but how do I get rid of spyware dr. It is not listed in add/remove or under CCleaner or listed under start, programmes. I can find the folder when I go into Windows Explorer and in the folder spyware dr under the folder called tools there are many dlls. If I delete both those folders how do I know that those dlls are not needed by another programme. Is it safe to delete them please?

mark c
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
FAQ 16......

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/faq.php?faq=pressf1_faqs_security#faq_pressf1_faq_ 16

very useful. You don't say if you've tried it or not but I'd recommend a read and try the suggestions............HTH..........m :)

zqwerty
03-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Winzip the whole file and move it to My Docs, see what asks for the file, and see if anything goes wrong with the operation of your computer. After a few days if all is well delete it.