PDA

View Full Version : Help once more please.

MasturJeff
01-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok, so I did a system recovery which basically re-installed my Windows XP. I took some files that combined to be about 22 Gigs and put them on the C:Drive so they wouldn't be erased during the System Recovery.

Anyways prior to the system recovery I still had about 20+ free gigs... after the system recovery I'm down to 2.5 free gigs. Can somebody explain how all of my space was used up? Most if not all of my programs have been uninstalled, and I don't see how I could use up 20 gigs that fast.

sun
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know wht Happen with your free Space. But My Advice is Format All Drives And Use Win98 SE.

drcspy
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
LOL

quarry
01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't know wht Happen with your free Space. But My Advice is Format All Drives And Use Win98 SE.

how very helpful ... not. why not 3.11

seriously - possibly space taken by system restore files.

MasturJeff
01-09-2005, 04:17 PM
how very helpful ... not. why not 3.11

seriously - possibly space taken by system restore files.

Hmm... I went on and found out my Default User directory under Documents and Settings is a clone of the "Owner" directory under Documents and Settings. Basically they're duplicate files of each other... should I delete one of the directorys?

Graham L
01-09-2005, 06:08 PM
No.

The Owner account is the Administrator account. You may not have a "ordinanry user" user account, but I would still let MS do it their way. That can't be 20GB, anyway ... it's not the problem.