PDA

View Full Version : Printing a pdf document.

JJJJJ
31-08-2005, 05:02 PM
How do I do it? It loads the pages to be printed and then does nothing.
Panasonic KX-P7100 laser.

Tony
31-08-2005, 05:07 PM
What application are you printing from? If it is Acrobat, what version?

JJJJJ
31-08-2005, 05:10 PM
What application are you printing from? If it is Acrobat, what version?

Yes it's Acrobat. No idea of the number. I'm trying to print the User manual from Viewsonic web site.

Graham L
31-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Either the "File/Print..." or icon should work perfectly in Adobe Reader. Have a good look at all the options in the printer control page which comes up. In particular, make sure it's looking for the right printer. Check all its "Properties" as well.

Tony
31-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Yes it's Acrobat. No idea of the number. I'm trying to print the User manual from Viewsonic web site.So the document you are viewing is a PDF on a website? Is the PDF file open within the browser or has Acrobat Reader opened separately?

One option would be to download the file, then try printing it from your PC rather than from the web. Also, what may be happening is that it is a large file and the printing is not going to start until is all downloaded - maybe you just have to wait a bit longer. Are you on 56k or something faster?

JJJJJ
31-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Looks like I've got a printer problem. Document, plus four test pages have all spooled and I have a green light on the printer that says ready. But nothing will print.
On my task bar I have a red light that says "no power or printer cable not connected"
Oh well that's something to sort out tomorrow.

Graham L
31-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Shut down and restart. ;) The big red switch fix.

vapo
31-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Ahh this problem can be easily solved by taking out the printer cartridges and rubbing them along the carpet to clean them.

JJJJJ
01-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Fixed
I found that the stuff in the queue would not delete. Likewise the printer software could not be un-installed.
My solution. Delete the printer port. Remove the items and the software. Then load the port and drivers again and away we go.