PDA

View Full Version : how to up date chipset drivers and more

kwr72
30-08-2005, 10:24 AM
I recieved a message from ati and I need to know how I can update my chipset drivers and how to check if enough power is being supplied to to the graphic card , what are the usual recommendations for this.

are all card different ...on different systems ?????? :confused:

Jen
30-08-2005, 10:37 AM
ATI support has told you to update your motherboard chipset drivers? To find the latest drivers you just need to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and look for updates for you motherboard model. Or did you mean the graphic card chipset driver? Perhaps you could post the instructions they gave you here.

Is this the same graphic card that you have been posting about in other threads? If I remember correctly, you have tried it in two different computers and it showed the same issues in both. Not sure how updating the motherboard chipset drivers would fix a graphic card which has demonstrated a fault on two different systems (they are different models of computers?).

kwr72
30-08-2005, 10:41 AM
this is what ati sent me
Usually, graphical glitches like this are a sign that your card malfunctioning. You may want to make sure that your chipset drivers are up to date as well, and you have enough power supply running to your card. You may even want to try an older set of Catalyst drivers to see if this remedies the problem/ If they still persist, then you can send the card to us for RMA service/replacement by filling out the form found on our site..

also I went into my comp properties and update all of the programs and know I have a system called SM BUS Controller needs to be installed ...bah

pctek
30-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Whats the problem that prompted you to contact them in the first place?