PDA

View Full Version : avg causing problems with outlook express

CorbinH
18-08-2005, 07:23 PM
when ever i have avg open the email goes through the scanner and outlook express recieves it fine but if avg isnt open it wont recieve email... how do i make it work with out avg being open

Jen
18-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm not that familiar with AVG, but I would of thought disabling email scanning in the AVG control centre would be a good place to start. Does your ISP offer up to date AV scanning? Bear in mind, that if you get an infected email which your ISP doesn't have the definition for, you will be at risk. Some AV programs are able to detect virus like activity without specifically having the definition for that virus.

tweak'e
18-08-2005, 08:55 PM
most of the problems i find with avg email is normally related to the firewall ie not allowing it through.

FoxyMX
19-08-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm not that familiar with AVG, but I would of thought disabling email scanning in the AVG control centre would be a good place to start.
AVG doesn't usually cause problems with receiving mail, only sending so it is normally outgoing rather than incoming incoming email scans that may require disabling if there is a problem. There can always be exceptions though, of course.

Corbin, what do you mean by "when ever i have avg open"? Do you mean having AVG running? And that when you shut down/disable AVG the emails are received OK?